Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bloggers Against Drunk Driving Pledge To Stay Sober & Alive

I joined this blog hop, because I feel strongly about drinking and driving. It's such a stupid thing to do and yet so many people drive drunk daily. My family is full of alcoholics and most have had a DUI at some point in their life. My father is included. He got one before I was born. He still drinks, but he doesn't drive and drive. 

It's a very common sight where I live to see people drinking and driving. They don't even try to hide it. My husband has witnessed many people sitting with beers between their legs, while he is out driving. I don't understand how people can be so irresponsible. 



Attention Bloggers
The Department of Transportation has asked American bloggers to spotlight the critical importance of staying sober behind the wheel this Independence Day. I am very against drinking and driving as I was almost hit by a drunk driver. Luckily a friend of mine was driving in front of me and saw the driver coming off of the highway directly at me and swerved into him, blocking him from hitting me. The police said that I would have been seriously hurt if the driver had hit me instead. My friend's car was totaled and he had to go to physical therapy for a long time. Think before you drink and drive. You normally will be okay but the person you hit might be killed. They also might have their family in the car or just as bad, be someones mother, father, child or loved one.


This also goes for all of you that text and drive. It's the same as being drunk. Nothing is that important that you can't pull over or wait until you get home. You probably say it won't happen to you because you know you are safe when you do it but it can happen to anyone.

Safe a life, Drive safe!


Together We Can Spread the Message
Stay Sober Stay Alive
July 4, 2010

1. Simply pledge your driving sobriety this Independence Day by noting your blog URL and blog name.

2. At the bottom of this “Blog Hop” you will see text in which you can grab the code for this McLinky. Simply click the link and copy and paste the code into your very own blog post’s HTML section. Then click “compose” and copy and paste this pledge, adding your own message to the top as I did above. Copy the pledge from “together we can stay alive” above.

3. Follow the host Hollywood Chic [-first on the linky-] of this Independence Day Pledge for more information on the Department of Transportation, Buzz Driving, and Stats.

Also an optional badge was created to spread greater awareness and linked to this pledge, please wear it proudly until July 5, 2010 when this pledge will close.





1 singin' sweet songs:

Shanna said...

Thanks so much for participating in this Blog Hop Pledge. I am your newest follower! Hope you had a great weekend!
~Shanna
http://mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.



My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com